- The Ten Commandments are no more to the followers of Jesus!
- Love is more than righteousness, and mercy is greater than justice
- But according to Jesus Himself and every book of the New Testament, God’s children today are no longer under the Laws of Moses!
- There is now no other law, no Mosaic laws, no church laws!
Jesus Himself never gave the early church any laws‚ except the Law of Love! When the self-righteous, hypocritical religious leaders questioned Him, “Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?” He replied, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself” Law of Love Matthew 22:37-40
He then shocked them by continuing to say, “On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets” (Mat. 22:40). They had thousands of religious laws, but Jesus told them that they now only needed two: Love God and love others!–That’s all! He said, “In this is the whole Book!”
And we still have many Christians today who are just like those legalistic concision members of the Early Church. They’re not completely enlightened. They’re still partly in the dark. They don’t realize that Jesus is enough, that His light is sufficient, that His love is all we need. The trouble with them is they’re so ingrained with that old “Judeo-Christianity” that they’re still preaching the Mosaic Law with one hand while preaching Christ with the other!
- Jesus’ Law of Love frees us from the old law and is all-encompassing, all-absorbing, all-fulfilling and completely above and beyond any other law!
- God’s only Law is Love, and as long as something is done in love with real‚ unselfish, even sacrificial love, God’s love, then it is absolutely lawful in God’s eyes. No matter whether it seems a sin in the eyes of the church or immoral in the eyes of man‚ it is still absolutely innocent in the eyes of God if it’s according to love! (Amazing Grace)